|Coach (freelance)||March 2008 -|
Atos Worldline processes electronic transactions and develops payment technologies.
propose and implement measures to
- improve time to market,
- improve software quality,
- reduce maintenance costs,
- reduce implementation costs,
- share knowledge more widely among developers;
- coach development teams in agile processes and techniques.
|Integration architect (freelance)||May 2008 - July 2008|
Fortis is a financial services group.
Fortis is implementing a corporate-wide Identity and Access Management (IAM) system. I was involved in writing the RFP, evaluating bids and selecting an IAM package vendor and service provider. I had special responsibility for integration and hence made a detailed study of the interfaces of authoritative and managed systems.
|Analyst (freelance)||April 2007 - March 2008|
Nationale Bank van BelgiŽ/Banque Nationale de Belgique (NBB/BNB) is the central bank of Belgium.
- analysis, design and implementation of an application to support dematerialization of bearer securities,
- refactoring clearing database.
|Architectural auditor and process coach (freelance)||May 2006 - March 2007|
TEIN Telecom is a telecom integrator with an expanding interest in surveillance camera networks. They provide added value to third party components with integrated management and operational control capabilities.
- architectural audit,
- software development process, coaching and mentoring.
|Developer (freelance)||April 2006 - December 2006|
VRT is the public broadcast organization in Flanders. Apart from traditional radio and television, they also provide content via alternative channels such as the web, teletext and SMS. Our project replaced the bespoke content management system of the newsroom with a new one, based on an off-the-shelf component.
- teletext page numbering,
- convert the content from the old to the new system,
- RSS feeds.
|Project co-ordinator (freelance)||May 2006 - September 2006|
UltraGenda is the hospital appointment system market leader in Europe. Their customers in the UK require integration with the new NHS centralized IT services, notably with Choose and Book, a set of applications that allow general practitioners to book an appointment in any hospital in the country online.
- co-ordinate Choose and Book certification process.
|Design engineer (freelance)||May 2005 - February 2006|
A mobile telecom operator's pre-paid voice service implemented on an Intelligent Networks (IN) platform.
- acceptance testing for 4 releases,
- follow-up of defects,
- test automation,
- improvements in delivery procedures.
|Project manager (freelance)||April 2004 - March 2005|
|De Post - La Poste||Brussels|
The Belgian Post Group is the state banker. The project reduces the number of paper transactions in order to cut back on processing costs and reduce fraud.
- increased capacity of electronic transaction processing chain,
- improved security of electronic transaction processing chain,
- demonstrations and technical advice to government agencies with a view to changing their payment methods,
- coaching back office staff.
|Requirements engineer and software architect (freelance)||August 2003 - December 2003|
|Philips, iPronto remote control||Leuven|
iPronto is an innovative remote control with IP interface for the high-end home theater market.
- defect analysis,
- requirements engineering,
- design and implementation of networking improvements.
|Software architect (freelance)||April 2003 - October 2003|
|Banksys, Terminal and card applications||Brussels|
Java architecture for the CZAM/XENTA Point of Sale payment terminals
- Java programming model,
- Java APIs,
- definition of code generation approach,
- proof of concept implementation.
|Software architect (freelance)||November 2002 - August 2003|
Integration of home automation islands in an IP ecology
- business use cases for bridging the divide between the IP world and home automation islands,
- system architecture.
|Senior software engineer (freelance)||February 2002 - February 2003|
|Philips, Remote control systems||Leuven|
Web services for networked consumer electronics
- user requirements analysis for Electronic Program Guide,
- requirements analysis for provisioning,
- software specifications for Electronic Program Guide,
- quality assurance provisioning via the Philips Internet Access Platform (PIAP),
- user interface specification for Internet radio.
|Director of research and development (freelance)||September 2001 - January 2002|
B2B transaction platform serving the automotive aftermarket
- establish and lead the software development team,
- liaise with third party suppliers,
- program management.
|Senior software architect||December 2000 - May 2001|
Vehicle telematics platform
- demonstration of ACUNIA software stack on PDAs,
- security architecture,
- user interface architecture.
|Project manager and chief software architect||October 1998 - November 2000|
|Alcatel, Payment solutions||Mechelen|
Framework for payment applications in telecom sector, e.g. recharging of pre-paid GSM cards. Taken into production in 1999, this was one of the very first commercial J2EE applications.
- change program moving C-based financial transaction system to J2EE component architecture,
- introduction of Rational Unified Process (RUP),
- system architecture for payment applications framework,
- web-based management console for payment applications.
|Senior software engineer||November 1995 - October 1998|
|Alcatel, Alma Expert||Brussels|
Expert-based network management system
- design and implementation of the SNMP Management Information Base (MIB) compiler for ALMA-Expert,
- project management, architecture and design of SNMP-Expert,
- project management, architecture, design and implementation of the ALMA-Expert high availability solution built on clustering technology..
|Research engineer||September 1992 - November 1995|
|Alcatel, Corporate research centre||Antwerp|
Pioneering work in object orientation for telecommunications systems, video on demand, IP and telecom convergence.
- object oriented system analysis and design methodologies,
- broadband access network management,
- management system for interactive video on demand,
- advanced architectures for interactive multimedia networks,
- ESPRIT research project on hardware/software co-design: INtegrated SYstem DEsign (INSYDE),
- author of several papers presented at technical conferences around the world.